Rheumatic arthritis (RA) treatment
Rheumatic Arthritis (RA) is an inflammatory disease of the joints that causes swelling and pain. Recent studies have shown that the lymphatic system has a role to play in this condition. Carrying out a lymphatic drain massage can help make the lymphatic system work better.
This can help the patient in managing the RA symptoms better. Getting a massage done by a certified advanced manual lymphatic drainage therapist in The Village, FL can help people suffering from RA.
What is Lymphatic drainage massage?
Lymphatic drainage massage is a gentle form of massage that helps to improve the flow of lymph fluids in the body. The lymphatic system in the body is responsible to remove toxins and waste. When there is a fluid buildup, it can cause many health problems. A manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) can help clear the buildup.
Carrying out this massage helps to promote circulation of lymph within the lymphatic system. Some key things to know about the lymphatic drainage massage are:
- The massage is done gently and force is not applied. Only the skin area needs to be affected by the massage.
- The massage is not done on areas that have swelling. It is done in the surrounding areas to promote lymph movement in the affected areas.
- The massage is done only using hands and no other implement, oil, or lotion is used.
- For the best results, the massage should be done by a trained massage therapist with experiencing in MLD.
Who can benefit?
People having RA can benefit from MLD, and it can help reduce swelling and pain. People suffering from other conditions can also benefit from this massage. The massage benefits conditions like:
- Lymphedema is a condition where lymph fluid buildup occurs. MLD can help relieve lymphedema and promote smooth movement of lymph.
- MLD helps people suffering from fibromyalgia. It can reduce pain and improve mobility.
- People suffering from Chronic Venous Insufficiency or CVI can get substantial benefits from MLD.
- MLD can help in better healing for people who have undergone surgery for a tummy tuck or breast lift.
Getting the massage done
If you are suffering from rheumatic arthritis and want to get the lymphatic drainage massage done, then ensure it is done by an expert. You need to find a licensed massage therapist who can do the massage in such a way, so you get the best results. You can get the massage done at a mobile massage clinic in the Village, FL.
Contact Our Mobile Massage Clinic | The Villages, Florida
In Home or In Office Massages by Jacqueline in the Central Florida area. Certified for many different massages and treatments. Specializing in Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) post surgery recovery massage.
To schedule an appointment with Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Advanced Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist, Jacqueline Bosco CMLDT, please call (813) 298-5603. We believe nothing is more important than human touch.
Providing massage services to patients in The Villages, Florida, Ocala, Lady Lake, Fruitland Park, Leesburg, Tavares, Mount Dora, Wildwood, Bushnell, and surrounding areas.