Breast Cancer Stats
The following data was recently collected by the Preserva Institute on breast cancer statistics:
- There are more than 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the US including those currently being treated according the American Cancer Society as of January 2022.
- An estimated 1 in 8 women and 1 in 883 men will develop invasive breast cancer in the US
- In 2022, about 287,850 new invasive breast cancer cases in US and 51,400 non-invasive cases
- Breast cancer is a leading cause of cancer related death in US women, 2nd to lung cancer
- Worldwide, incidence of female breast cancer has surpassed lung cancer
- A woman’s risk doubles with a 1st degree relative who has been diagnosed with breast cancer
- 5 to 10 percent of breast cancers are linked to gene mutations inherited from a mother or father with BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes being the most common
- 5 year survival rate for US women with non-metastatic invasive breast cancer is 90% 10 year survival rate for US women with non-metastatic invasive breast cancer is 84%
- Incidence rates of breast cancer have steadily decreased in the U.S since 2000. Breast cancer survivorship continues to rise.
Stats provided by the American Cancer Society online at www.cancer.org
Who should perform MLD? Seek a licensed massage therapist with expertise in this field for effective treatment. Their skill significantly impacts the therapy’s success. If you’re aiming to manage BCRL and regain control, consider reaching out to the Orlando Massage Clinic for assistance!
Contact Orlando Massage Clinic – We Will Come to You
In Home or In Office Massages by Jacqueline in the Greater Orlando / Central Florida area. Certified for many different massages and treatments. Specializing in Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) post surgery recovery massage.
To schedule an appointment with Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Advanced Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist, Jacqueline Bosco LMT, please call (813) 298-5603. We believe nothing is more important than human touch.
Providing massage services to patients in The Villages, Florida, Ocala, Lady Lake, Fruitland Park, Leesburg, Tavares, Mount Dora, Wildwood, Bushnell, and surrounding areas.